Senior Living in Costa, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Costa, WV: 25051
- Costa scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Costa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Boone Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, and Thomas Memorial Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marmet Center, Hillcrest Health Care Center, and Genesis Healthcare - Quarry Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverview Country Club, Berry Hills Country Club, and Kanawha Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Little Coal River Campground, Ivy Branch ATV Resort, and Kanawha State Forest.
- There are 83 churches in or near the city, including Ashford Church of God Holiness, Toney\'s Branch Chapel, and Amazing Grace Fellowship.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,103, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,333, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,229, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Costa receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Costa has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Costa has a sparse population density of 366.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Costa have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Costa has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.43%.