Senior Living in Cottondale, Alabama
Top zip codes in Cottondale, AL: 35453
- Cottondale scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- Cottondale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tuscaloosa Va Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Regency Retirement Village - Tuscaloosa, Milford Senior Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Sunrise Communities - Alabama.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including NorthRiver Yacht Club, Woodland Forrest Country Club, and Mimosa Park Golf Course.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Sunset RV, Candy Mountain RV Park, and The University of Alabama Arboretum.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Evergreen Baptist Church, Cottondale United Methodist, and Cottondale Church of Christ.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,585, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,108, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,060, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,587 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,815 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.16%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cottondale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cottondale has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cottondale has a sparse population density of 119.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cottondale have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cottondale has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.54%.