Senior Living in Cottontown, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Cottontown, TN: 37048
- Cottontown scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Cottontown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Sumner Regional Medical Center and Hendersonville Medical Center).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including White House Health Care and Rehabilitation, The Bridge at Highland, and Richland Place Senior Living Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Dogwood Hills Country Club, Gallatin Country Club, and Long Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including White House Arboretum, Portland Park & Recreation, and Ridgetop Station Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including Adams Curtis Rev, Temple Baptist Church Sbc, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,143, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,847, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,263, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cottontown receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cottontown has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cottontown has a sparse population density of 137.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cottontown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cottontown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.35%.