Senior Living in Cottonwood, California
Top zip codes in Cottonwood, CA: 96022
- Cottonwood scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Cottonwood scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Oak River Short-Term Rehab and Skilled Nursing and Jim and Liza\'s Care Home)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Anderson Tucker Oaks Golf Course, Riverview Golf & Country Club, and Churn Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (JGW RV Park).
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Destiny Fellowship, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,978, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,975, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,320, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.76%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cottonwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cottonwood has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cottonwood has a very sparse population density of 65.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cottonwood have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cottonwood has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.95%.