Senior Living in Cottonwood, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cottonwood, MN: 56229
- Cottonwood scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cottonwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Avera Marshall Regional Medical Ctr).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fieldcrest Assisted Living, Boulder Estates, and Avera Morningside Heights Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Cottonwood Country Club, Marshall Golf Club, and Countryside Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Mattke Field, Garvin Park, and Natural Resources Department.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Albright United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,500, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,000, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.74%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cottonwood receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cottonwood has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cottonwood has a very sparse population density of 19.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cottonwood have a very short daily commute time.
- Cottonwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.74%.