Senior Living in Cotuit, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Cotuit, MA: 02635
- Cotuit scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Cotuit scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cape Cod Hospital, Cape Cod Hospital, and Barnstable County Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal of Cotuit Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Cape Cod Sustainable Living Center, and Bridges By Epoch at Mashpee.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Cotuit High Ground Golf, Quashnet Valley Country Club, and Willowbend.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Lowell Park, Lawrence Pond Village Campground, and Peters Pond RV Resort.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Christ the King Parish, United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 76 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $118,990, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,779, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $51,884, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.92%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cotuit receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cotuit has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cotuit has an average population density of 596.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cotuit have a long daily commute time.
- Cotuit has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.27%.