Senior Living in Coulterville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Coulterville, IL: 62237
- Coulterville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Coulterville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Sparta Community Hospital and Pinckneyville Community Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Coulterville Care Center, Randolph County Care Center, and The Manor at Mason Woods.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Sparta, Marissa Recreation Area Golf Course, and Southwestern Lakes Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Morrow Robt W Rev, First Assembly of God, and Friedens United Chr of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,264, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,719, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,806, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.67%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coulterville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coulterville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coulterville has a very sparse population density of 27.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coulterville have an average daily commute time.
- Coulterville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.27%.