Senior Living in Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Council Bluffs scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Council Bluffs scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jennie Edmundson Hospital, Alegent Health Mercy Hospital, and Omaha Va Medical Center (va Nebraska Western Iowa.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Amelia House, Amelia Place, and Regency Rehab and Skilled Nursing.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 192 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Field Of Greens, Bent Tree Golf Club, and Dodge Park Golf Course.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Graham Park, Tomes Country Club Acres RV Park, and Lake Manawa State Park.
- There are 207 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, Valley View Baptist Church, and St Peter\'s Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,433, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,376, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,448, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Council Bluffs receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Council Bluffs has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Council Bluffs has an average population density of 886.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Council Bluffs have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Council Bluffs has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.78%.