Senior Living in Courtland, California
Top zip codes in Courtland, CA: 95615
- Courtland scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Courtland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blossom Ridge Care Home, Marine Residential Care Home, and Senior Sweet Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Bartley Cavanaugh Golf Course, Valley Hi Country Club, and Rio Vista Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, Cosumnes River Preserve, and Hal Bartholomew Sports Park.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Courtland Community Church, St Anthony\'s Church, and Walnut Grove Cmnty Prsbtrn Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.91% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,465, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,031, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,806, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,836 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,830 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Courtland receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Courtland has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Courtland has a very sparse population density of 35.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Courtland have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Courtland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.61%.