Senior Living in Courtland, Virginia
Top zip codes in Courtland, VA: 23837
- Courtland scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Courtland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Southampton Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Courtland Health and Rehabilitation Center, The Village at Woods Edge, and Southampton Memorial Hospital.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Cove Country Club, Tuscarora Greens Golf & Country Club, and Emporia Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Forestry Department, Gracie\'s Garden, and Franklin Recreation Department.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including New Church of Deliverance, Rose of Sharon Worship Center, and Rock Church of Franklin.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,516, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,563, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,168, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Courtland receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Courtland has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Courtland has a very sparse population density of 40.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Courtland have a long daily commute time.
- Courtland has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.01%.