Senior Living in Coventry, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Coventry, CT: 06238
- Coventry scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Coventry scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rockville General Hospital, Natchaug Hospital, and Manchester Memorial Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mansfield Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Lyon Manor, and Old Post Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 174 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Skungamaug River Golf Course, Twin Hills Country Club, and Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Gay City State Park, Wickham Park, and Wickham Park.
- There are 105 churches in or near the city, including Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, First Congregational Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 93 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,136, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,502, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,349, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.53%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coventry receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Coventry has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Coventry has a sparse population density of 332.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coventry have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Coventry has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.59%.