Senior Living in Coventry, Vermont
Top zip codes in Coventry, VT: 05825
- Coventry scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Coventry scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Country Hospital And Health Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bel-Aire Center, Northern Kare Facilities - Maple Lane Nursing Home, and Newport Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Newport Country Club, Orleans Country Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Tree Corners Family Campground, Prouty Beach & Campground, and Belview Campground.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Newport, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Chuch of Nazarene.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,470, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,768, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.89%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coventry receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coventry has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Coventry has a very sparse population density of 75.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coventry have a very short daily commute time.
- Coventry has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.96%.