Senior Living in Covert, Michigan
Top zip codes in Covert, MI: 49043
- Covert scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Covert scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community Hospital, Community Hospital, and South Haven Community Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Haven Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, Maxwell Place, and River Ridge Retirement Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including New Paw Paw Lake Golf Club, South Haven Country Club, and HawksHead.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dune Lake Campground, Van Buren State Park, and Paw Paw River Campgrounds.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Covert Community Church, Faith Lutheran School, and Central Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,681, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,040, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,885, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.61%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Covert receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Covert has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Covert has a very sparse population density of 76.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Covert have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Covert has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.11%.