Senior Living in Covington, Indiana
Top zip codes in Covington, IN: 47932
- Covington scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Covington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Va Illiana Healthcare System - Danville and Provena United Samaritans Medctr-logan).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Waters of Covington, Danville Care Center, and Ican.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Rivercrest Golf Club, Wolf Creek Golf Course, and Harrison Park Golf Course.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Stringtown Church of God, Second Church of Christ, and Lone Oak Church of Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,743, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,866, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,654, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Covington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Covington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Covington has a very sparse population density of 49.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Covington have a long daily commute time.
- Covington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.01%.