Senior Living in Covington, Ohio
Top zip codes in Covington, OH: 45318
- Covington scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Covington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Covington Care Center, Piqua Manor, and Brookdale Piqua.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Piqua Country Club, Greenville Country Club, and Stillwater Valley Golf Club At Versailles.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Stillwater Prairie Reserve, Brukner Nature Center, and Brukner Nature Center Wildlife.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Friedens Lutheran Church, Covington Church of-Brethren, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.47% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,897, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,508, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,031, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Covington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Covington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Covington has a sparse population density of 120.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Covington have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Covington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.04%.