Senior Living in Covington, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Covington, PA: 16917
- Covington scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Covington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Care, Broad Acres Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Wellsboro Shared Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Corey Creek Golf Club, Tyoga Country Club, and Pine Marsh Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bucktail Camping Resort, Tioga State Forest, and Hills Creek State Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Kershner Joel C, Evangelical Wesleyan Chr Academy, and Church of Jesus Christ of LDS.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,509, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,286, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,185, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.16%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Covington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Covington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Covington has a very sparse population density of 32.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Covington have a short daily commute time.
- Covington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.16%.