Senior Living in Covington, Texas
Top zip codes in Covington, TX: 76636
- Covington scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Covington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Homestead Nursing and Rehabilitation of Itasca, Grandview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Santa Fe Trails.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverview Golf Club, Pat Cleburne Municipal Golf Course, and Hillsboro Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Eagle Ridge RV Park, Ham Creek Park, and Chisholm Trail Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,235, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,958, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,425, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,180 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,575 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,800 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,449 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.73%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Covington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Covington has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Covington has a very sparse population density of 34.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Covington have a very long daily commute time.
- Covington has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.02%.