Senior Living in Cowansville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cowansville, PA: 16218
- Cowansville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cowansville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Acmh Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadow Lake Manor-Sugar Creek, Allegheny Hills Retirment Residence, and Sugar Creek Rest.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Jude Golf Club, Twin Lake Par 3 Golf Course, and Kittanning Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Brady\'s Bend and Bear Ridge Camp Ground).
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Mater Dolorosa Church, St Joseph\'s Rc Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,741, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,063, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,495, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.19%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cowansville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cowansville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cowansville has a very sparse population density of 42.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cowansville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cowansville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.67%.