Senior Living in Coweta, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Coweta, OK: 74429
- Coweta scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Coweta scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Coweta Manor Nursing Home, Haskell Care Center, and Vandever House Retirement.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Woods Golf Course, Cedar Heights Golf Course, and Hilltop Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Bluff Landing Public Use Area and Broken Arrow Soccor Complex).
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Emmanuel Southern Baptist Chr, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,157, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,352, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,187, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,788 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,858 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coweta receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coweta has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Coweta has a sparse population density of 167.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coweta have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Coweta has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.72%.