Senior Living in Cowiche, Washington
Top zip codes in Cowiche, WA: 98923
- Cowiche scores significantly higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Cowiche scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Yakima Regional Medical And Cardiac Center and Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orchard Lane Retirement Apartments, Gleed Orchard Manor, and Izzy\'s Adult Family Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Westwood West Golf Course, Suntides Golf Course, and Yakima Elks Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Applewood Park, Oak Creek State Wildlife Area, and Suntides RV Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including San Juan Diego, Holy Family Church, and West Side Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.74% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,146, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,105, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,346, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,110 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,040 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cowiche receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cowiche has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cowiche has a sparse population density of 237.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cowiche have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cowiche has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.95%.