Senior Living in Cowlesville, New York
Top zip codes in Cowlesville, NY: 14037
- Cowlesville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cowlesville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Care Aurora Park, Greenfield Health and Rehabilitation Center, and People.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Hill Country Club, East Aurora Country Club, and Crag Burn Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Hunters Creek County Park, Darien Lakes State Park, and Hidden Valley Animal Adventure.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Marilla United Methodist Chr, and St John\'s Roman Catholic.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,868, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,938, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,166, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cowlesville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cowlesville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cowlesville has a very sparse population density of 67.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cowlesville have an average daily commute time.
- Cowlesville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.81%.