Senior Living in Coxsackie, New York
Top zip codes in Coxsackie, NY: 12051
- Coxsackie scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Coxsackie scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Home Sweet Home of Athens, Greenport Manor, and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Island\'s End Golf & Country Club, Meadowgreens Golf Course, and Catskill Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hudson River Islands, Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, and Olana State Historic Site.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Ward Henry J, First Baptist Church, and St Patricks.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,512, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,441, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,085, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Coxsackie receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Coxsackie has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Coxsackie has a sparse population density of 331.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Coxsackie have an average daily commute time.
- Coxsackie has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.43%.