Senior Living in Cragsmoor, New York
Top zip codes in Cragsmoor, NY: 12420
- Cragsmoor scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cragsmoor scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Gardens Apartments, Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Patchetts Crossing Apartments.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Glendale Golf & Country Club, Walker Valley Golf Club, and Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Camp Kaylie, Pine Bush Bible Camp, and Lippman Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Affirmative Evangelism Fllwshp, Pine Bush United Methodist Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,011, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $96,047, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,868, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cragsmoor receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cragsmoor has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cragsmoor has a very sparse population density of 87.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cragsmoor have a very long daily commute time.
- Cragsmoor has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.85%.