Senior Living in Craigville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Craigville, IN: 46731
- Craigville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Craigville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Adams Memorial Hospital, and Adams County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Christian Care Retirement Community, River Terrace Health Care Center, and Bluffton Regional Medical Center Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Parlor City Country Club, Hickory Hill Golf Course, and Cross Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Ouabache State Park).
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Lutheran Church, Ossian United Methodist Church, and Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,114, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,583, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,212, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Craigville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Craigville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Craigville has a very sparse population density of 35.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Craigville have an average daily commute time.
- Craigville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.08%.