Senior Living in Cranbury, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Cranbury, NJ: 08512
- Cranbury scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Cranbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Medical Center At Princeton, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Elms of Cranbury, Presbyterian Home At Wheaton, and Hightstown Housing Authority.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 472 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 137 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows at Middlesex, The, Cranbury Golf Club, and East Course at Mercer Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Thompson Park, Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park, and Mercer County Park.
- There are 121 churches in or near the city, including Cranbury United Methodist Chr, Maselli Aldo G, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 170 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 134 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $120,745, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,737, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,228, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cranbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cranbury has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cranbury has a sparse population density of 475.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cranbury have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cranbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.63%.