Senior Living in Crandall, Indiana
Top zip codes in Crandall, IN: 47114
- Crandall scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Crandall scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Harrison County Hospital and Harrison County Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Villas of Guerin Woods, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Indian Creek, and Kindred Transitional Care And Rehab-Harrison.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including New Salisbury Golf Course, Old Capital Golf Club, and Valley View Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Grand Trails RV Park, Garry E Cavan Park, and Buffalo Trace Park.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Unity Chapel Methodist Church, St Michael\'s Rectory, and Greenville Christian Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,917, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,594, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,952, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crandall receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crandall has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Crandall has a sparse population density of 407.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crandall have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Crandall has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.23%.