Senior Living in Crandall, Texas
Top zip codes in Crandall, TX: 75114
- Crandall scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Crandall scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Trinity at Lewis and Clark, Hickory Square, and Kaufman Healthcare Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Creekview Golf Club, Town East Golf Center, and Oak Grove Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Gentle Zoo and Forney Community Park).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Central Baptist Chr-Crandall, First Baptist Church-Crandall, and Crandall Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.74% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,440, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,577, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,418, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crandall receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crandall has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crandall has a sparse population density of 107.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crandall have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Crandall has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.51%.