Senior Living in Cranford, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Cranford, NJ: 07016
- Cranford scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Cranford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Children\'s Specialized Hosp, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway.
- There are 167 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cranford Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Cranford Rehab and Nursing Center, and Atria Cranford.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1674 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 148 golf courses in or around the city, including Hyatt Hills Golf Course, Echo Lake Country Club, and Roselle Golf Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Watchung Reservation, South Mountain Reservation, and Roosevelt Park.
- There are 776 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Church, Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim, and Calvary Nursery Shcool & Child.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1086 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 43 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 391 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $129,185, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $109,242, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,677, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cranford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cranford has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cranford has a dense population density of 4,684.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cranford have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cranford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.23%.