Senior Living in Craryville, New York
Top zip codes in Craryville, NY: 12521
- Craryville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Craryville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Pine Haven Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Copake Country Club, Columbia Golf & Country Club, and Undermountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lake Taghkanic State Park, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Taconic State Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Slater James H and Copake United Methodist Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,014, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,495, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Craryville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Craryville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Craryville has a very sparse population density of 50.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Craryville have an average daily commute time.
- Craryville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.35%.