Senior Living in Crawford, Texas
Top zip codes in Crawford, TX: 76638
- Crawford scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Crawford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Providence Health Center and Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Mills Nursing and Rehabilitation, L.P. , Westview Manor and Rehabilitation Center, and Ridgecrest Retirement and Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Bear Ridge Golf Club, Golf Ranch, The, and Rolling Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tonka Park, Quail Crossing RV Park, and Hatada Ranch.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Lutheran Church, Harris Creek Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Mc Gregor.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,214, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,434, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,368, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,170 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,240 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,440 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crawford receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Crawford has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crawford has a very sparse population density of 34.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crawford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Crawford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.11%.