Senior Living in Crawfordsville, Iowa
Top zip codes in Crawfordsville, IA: 52621
- Crawfordsville scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Crawfordsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Parkview Home, and Colonial Manors of Columbus Community, Inc..
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Crest Country Club, Twin Lakes Country Club, and Washington Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Ainsworth City, Marr Park, and Central Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Abundant Life Assembly of God and Ainsworth Community Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,550, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,250, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,367, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,953 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,383 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.07%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crawfordsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crawfordsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Crawfordsville has a very sparse population density of 15.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crawfordsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Crawfordsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.55%.