Senior Living in Crawfordsville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Crawfordsville, IN: 47933
- Crawfordsville scores significantly lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Crawfordsville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Clare Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Market Hall, The Lane House, and Ben Hur Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Ridge Golf CLub, Crawfordsville Municipal Golf Course, and Crawfordsville Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Sugar Creek Campground, Crawfordsville KOA, and Milligan Park Shop.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Christian Preschool, First Church of Nazarene, and Alamo Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,203, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,549, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,962, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crawfordsville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Crawfordsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Crawfordsville has a sparse population density of 119.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crawfordsville have a very short daily commute time.
- Crawfordsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.65%.