Senior Living in Creola, Alabama
Top zip codes in Creola, AL: 36525
- Creola scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- Creola scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Mobile Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Twin Oaks Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, and Sea Breeze Healthcare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Dogwood/Pines Course at TimberCreek Golf Club, Gulf Pines Golf Course, and Magnolia Grove Golf Club -Crossings.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including I-65 RV Campground, West Mobile County Park, and Skidmore Park.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Brookwood Baptist Church, Starlight Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Satsuma.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,417, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,192, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,387, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,630 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,200 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Creola receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Creola has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Creola has a sparse population density of 115.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Creola have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Creola has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.14%.