Senior Living in Crescent City, Illinois
Top zip codes in Crescent City, IL: 60928
- Crescent City scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Crescent City scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Iroquois Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Iroquois Memorial Hospital and Resident Home, Heritage Woods of Watseka, and Watseka Rehab and Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Shagbark Golf Course, Shewami Country Club, and Lakeview Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Spring Creek R.V. Park, Watseka Park District, and Lake Arrowhead Camp Ground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Peter Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,329, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,111, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,543, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crescent City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crescent City has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Crescent City has a very sparse population density of 64.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crescent City have a long daily commute time.
- Crescent City has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.90%.