Senior Living in Cresco, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cresco, PA: 18326
- Cresco scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cresco scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodview Terrace Personal Care, Briarwood Manor Personal Care Home, and Penn Estates Home Owners Association.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Red/White Course at Buck Hill Falls Golf Club, Skytop Lodge, and Skytop Lodge.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Scotrun RV Resort, Tobyhanna State Park, and Otter Lake Camp Resort.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Mountainhome United Mthdst Chr, Linders Robert H, and Heinz H.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,540, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,485, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,302, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.58%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cresco receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cresco has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cresco has a sparse population density of 124.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cresco have a very long daily commute time.
- Cresco has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.88%.