Senior Living in Cresson, Texas
Top zip codes in Cresson, TX: 76035
- Cresson scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Cresson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Francis Village, Trinity Nursing and Rehabilitation of Granbury, LP, and Senior Care of Harbor Lakes.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Three Oaks Par 3 Golf Course, Hidden Oaks, and Decordova Bend Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Acton Nature Center, Acton State Park, and 377 RV Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Acton Baptist Church, Acton United Methodist Church P, and Eastridge Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.07% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,685, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,844, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,461, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.74%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cresson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cresson has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cresson has a very sparse population density of 24.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cresson have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cresson has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.66%.