Senior Living in Crest Hill, Illinois
Top zip codes in Crest Hill, IL: 60403
- Crest Hill scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Crest Hill scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 59 hospitals within close range of the city, including Macneal Hospital, Rush Oak Park Hospital, and Riveredge Hospital.
- There are 331 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mac Neal Memorial Hospital, Alden Town Manor Rehab and Hcc, and Courtyard Healthcare Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2528 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 231 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Golf Club, Columbus Park Golf Course, and Flag Creek Golf Course.
- There are 41 parks near the city center, including Oak Park Conservatory, Columbus Park, and La Grange Park.
- There are 997 churches in or near the city, including Ukrainian Baptist Church, St Mary of Celle Church, and Oak Park Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 24 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1153 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 78 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 522 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,241, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,058, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,413, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crest Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crest Hill has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Crest Hill has a dense population density of 2,676.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crest Hill have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Crest Hill has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.27%.