Senior Living in Crestline, Ohio
Top zip codes in Crestline, OH: 44827
- Crestline scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Crestline scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Medcentral Health System Shelby Hospital, Galion Community Hospital, and Bucyrus Community Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crestline Nursing Center, Crestwood Care Center, and Shelby Pointe.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Shelby Country Club, Woody Ridge Golf Course, and Valley View Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Shelby / Mansfield KOA, Wagon Wheel Campground, and Kingwood Center.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including First English Evangelical Luth, St Joseph Catholic Church, and Crestline Church-Nazarene.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,556, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,234, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,564, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crestline receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crestline has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crestline has a sparse population density of 149.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crestline have a short daily commute time.
- Crestline has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.75%.