Senior Living in Creston, Illinois
Top zip codes in Creston, IL: 60113
- Creston scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Creston scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rochelle Community Hospital, Kishwaukee Community Hospital, and Kishwaukee Community Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rochelle Gardens Care Center, Rochelle Rehab and Health Care Center, and San Gabriel Assisted Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Countryside West Golf Club, Rochelle Country Club, and Kishwaukee Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Rochelle Railroad Park, Chicagoland Skydiving Center, and Hopkins Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Church, St Patrick\'s Church Learning, and Crossroads Community Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,407, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,659, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,920, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,567 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,465 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.33%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Creston receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Creston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Creston has a dense population density of 2,132.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Creston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Creston has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.74%.