Senior Living in Creston, Ohio
Top zip codes in Creston, OH: 44217
- Creston scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Creston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lodi Community Hospital, Wooster Community Hospital, and Dunlap Memorial Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowview Care Center, Burbank Parke , and Silver Wings Assisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawks Nest Golf Club, North Course at Westfield Country Club, and Deer Pass Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Chippewa Lake/Krabill Shelter, Hill \'n Dale Club, and Secrest Arboretum.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Crossroads Assembly of God, Leroy United Methodist Church, and Seville United Methodist Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.23% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,207, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,922, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,103, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.53%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Creston receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Creston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Creston has a sparse population density of 143.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Creston have an average daily commute time.
- Creston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.43%.