Senior Living in Crestview, Florida
- Crestview scores significantly lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Crestview scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Okaloosa Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including SAFE AND SECURE RESPITE CARE, Carington Manor, and Crestview Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Shoal River Country Club, Foxwood Country Club of Crestview, and Gator Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Twin Hills Park and Passport America).
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Fresh Anointing Hse of Worship, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Airport Road Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,005, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,821, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,826, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.32%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crestview receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crestview has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Crestview has a sparse population density of 314.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crestview have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Crestview has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.91%.