Senior Living in Crestwood, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Crestwood, KY: 40014
- Crestwood scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Crestwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baptist Hospital Northeast, Central State Hospital, and Ten Broeck Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendship Health and Rehab, Magnolia Springs East Louisville, and Richwood Nursing & Rehab.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 177 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Persimmon Ridge Golf Club, Long Run Golf Course, and Lake Forest Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Yew Dell Botanical Gardens, Louisville Memorial Gardens East, and E.P. \"Tom\" Sawyer State Park.
- There are 64 churches in or near the city, including Ballardsville Baptist Church, Harrods Creek Baptist Church, and Crestwood Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 47 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,360, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,035, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,086, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crestwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crestwood has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crestwood has a sparse population density of 362.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crestwood have an average daily commute time.
- Crestwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.19%.