Senior Living in Crete, Illinois
Top zip codes in Crete, IL: 60417
- Crete scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Crete scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franciscan St Margaret Health - Dyer, St James Hospital & Hlth Ctr, and St James Hosp & Hlth Ctr-olympia Flds.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. James Manor and Villas, St James Wellness Rehab Villas, and St. James Senior Estates.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 427 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Balmoral Woods Country Club, Lincoln Oaks Golf Course, and Longwood Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Goodenow Grove Nature Preserve, Plum Creek Nature Center, and Emerald Trails Campground.
- There are 193 churches in or near the city, including Crete United Methodist Church, Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 134 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 87 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,659, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,669, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,161, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.56%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crete receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crete has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Crete has a sparse population density of 399.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crete have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Crete has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.56%.