Senior Living in Crete, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Crete, NE: 68333
- Crete scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Crete scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Crete Area Medical Center and Crete Municipal Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crete Manor, Tabitha Health Care Service, and Tabitha Your answer for Elder Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including College Heights Country Club, Thornridge Golf Course, and Knolls Country Club, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Recreation Department, Area One Campground, and Area Two Campground.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Bethlehem Lutheran Chr & Pre, and St Marys Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,351, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,016, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,924, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crete receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Crete has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crete has a very sparse population density of 71.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crete have a very short daily commute time.
- Crete has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.06%.