Senior Living in Crimora, Virginia
Top zip codes in Crimora, VA: 24431
- Crimora scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Crimora scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Augusta Health).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Grove Manor, Waynesboro Manor, and Summit Square.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Waynesboro Country Club, Morven Farms, and Ingleside Resort & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Waynesboro North 340 Campground, Grand Caverns, and Shenandoah Valley Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Grottoes Church of Christ, New Life of Waynesboro, and Advent Christian Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,908, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,673, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,061, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crimora receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Crimora has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crimora has a sparse population density of 186.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crimora have an average daily commute time.
- Crimora has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.22%.