Senior Living in Crofton, Maryland
Top zip codes in Crofton, MD: 21114
- Crofton scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Crofton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There are 162 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crofton Care and Rehabilitation Center, Household of Angels, and Autumn Meadows Senior Assisted Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 589 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Walden Golf Club, Crofton Country Club, and Night Hawk Golf Center.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Washington DC / Capitol KOA, Fox Hill Recreation Center, and Allen Pond Park.
- There are 530 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Prince of Peace Presbyterian, and First Baptist Church-Crofton.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 244 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 197 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,095, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $101,986, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,915, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.77%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crofton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crofton has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Crofton has a dense population density of 4,530.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crofton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Crofton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.69%.