Senior Living in Crofton, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Crofton, NE: 68730
- Crofton scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Crofton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Avera Sacred Heart Hospital and Lewis And Clark Specialty Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avera Yankton Care Center, South Dakota Human Services Center - Geriatric Program, and Cedar Village Assisted Living Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Crofton Lakeview Golf Course, Hillcrest Golf & Country Club, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Nebraska Game & Park Commission, Weigand Recreation Area, and Lewis and Clark Lake State Recreation Area.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Christ King Lutheran Chr, and First Assembly of God Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,332, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,719, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,748, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.37%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crofton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Crofton has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Crofton has a very sparse population density of 13.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crofton have a short daily commute time.
- Crofton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.35%.