Senior Living in Crooks, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Crooks, SD: 57020
- Crooks scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Crooks scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Avera Dells Area Health Center - Cah, Sioux Vly Hosp & Univ Med Ctr, and Sanford Usd Medical Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Leisure Living II, Dow Rummel Village, and Good Samaritan Society Sioux - Falls Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Run Golf Course, Central Valley Golf Club, and Elmwood Golf Club -Championship.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Sioux Falls KOA, Elmwood Park, and Sioux Empire Fair Association | W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including West Nidaros Church, Word of Life Ministry, and Benton Lutheran Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.14% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,005, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,508, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,684, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.42%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crooks receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Crooks has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Crooks has a very sparse population density of 92.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crooks have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Crooks has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.84%.