Senior Living in Crosby, Texas
Top zip codes in Crosby, TX: 77532
- Crosby scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Crosby scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (San Jacinto Methodist Hospital).
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland House Assisted Living, Estia Care, LLC, and VVisiting Angels Living Assistance Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Shores Golf Course, Newport Golf Country Club, and Brock Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Highlands Motocross Park, Dwight D. Eisenhower Park, and Sterling-White Funeral Home & Cemetery.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Shiloh Missionary Baptist Chr, First Baptist Chrurch-Crosby, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,901, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,005, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,764, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.97%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crosby receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crosby has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Crosby has a sparse population density of 334.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crosby have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Crosby has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.22%.