Senior Living in Crosslake, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Crosslake, MN: 56442
- Crosslake scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Crosslake scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cuyuna Regional Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Horizons - Crosslake, Senior Class Hm Health Care, and Minnesota Heritage House of Pequot Lakes.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (51% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Crosswoods Golf Course, Crosswoods Golf Course, and Fifty Fore Golf Bar & Grill.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Crosslake Community Center, Fifty Lakes Campground, and Lake Emily Resort.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Assemblie Crosby of God, Jenkins Church of God, and Eagle\'s Nest Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,593, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,031, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,300, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.07%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crosslake receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Crosslake has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Crosslake has a very sparse population density of 67.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crosslake have an average daily commute time.
- Crosslake has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.16%.